Ayurveda in Kerala
Ayurveda the 5000 year old ancient health care system was developed scientifically in Kerala and a variety of special medicines, unique Kerala Ayurveda treatments and therapies were successfully formulated by traditional Ayurveda practitioners and passed on to the ensuing generations. The popularity of Ayurveda in Kerala grew from the fact and truth that these herbal medicines and compounds were 100% free from any artificial ingredients and did not contain any metals or minerals harmful to the body.
Kerala is definitely the only place in the world that provides authentic Ayurveda treatment because……
- Great scholars learnt, experimented, lived and practiced Ayurveda in Kerala and still continue to do so.
- Kerala possesses the Ayurveda traditional richness of hundreds and thousands of families still following their inherited Ayurveda traditions and subsequently elevating themselves with the contemporary academic Ayurveda education.
- Kerala’s tropical climate with no extreme temperature changes and maintained in the range of 250-350 Celsius all-round the year is very much the ideal for the Kerala Ayurveda Panchakarma treatments as advised in the Ayurveda textbooks.
- Marmachickitsa treatment through manipulation and correction of marmas or the vital points through various special massages a specialty practiced by Kerala Ayurveda Marma specialists
- Ayurveda is a way of living in Kerala and the traditions of the people thickly connect with Ayurveda, the famous KarkitakaChikitsa or Monsoon treatment tradition being the flagship.
- Rich bio diversity (availability of fresh herbs and shrubs) support Ayurveda in Kerala. Kerala is home to more than 900 species of medicinal herbs, plants and trees.
Svaztha’s Ayurvedic Resort Thekkady, the health resort and Ayurvedic Spa stays as the pioneers in providing authentic Kerala Ayurvedic treatment by the divine touch of our legacy which is still continuing with the formidable ninth generation.