VEDIC KITCHEN -HEALTHY VEGETARIAN
Food is considered as one of the basic needs of life. Healthy eating is the basis of maintaining and sustaining robust health.
You are what you eat…..so at Svaztha Ayurveda Retreat Thekkady, Vedic Kitchen our mantra is Eat healthy to live healthy….. At VEDIC KITCHEN the select virgin essentials are cooked with love and hygiene incorporating the vegetarian, vegan, Jain and Ayurveda principles into a delicious healthy meal and served with a motherly tenderness in an ambience exclusively set for you by Mother Nature spiced with the aroma of natural herb and spice gardens surrounding our dining hall.
- Kerala Vegetarian Food at Svaztha Ayurveda Retreat: At our Vedic Kitchen we specialize in Kerala Vegetarian traditional food especially it since it is the local cuisine of Kerala and Thekkady. Kerala Vegetarian is healthy, light and nutritious with sumptuous use of different kinds of red raw and boiled rice, vegetables, coconut, coconut oil and various cooking methods. We use healthy vegetables like ash gourds, banana stem, banana flower, yam, drum stick leaves, etc.
- Traditional Kerala Breakfasts such as Puttu-Cherupayar, Appam-Stew, Idiyappam apart from the other South Indian breakfasts
- Our healthy Kerala snacks include Elayada, Kozhukkatta, Aval Kuzhachathu, Avalosunda, etc.
- Our Kerala vegetarian lunch or Kerala Sadya spread includes dishes such as Sambar, Avial, Thoran, Pachadi, Mezhupuratti, Erisseri, Koottukkari, Pulisseri, Rasam, etc. the desserts range from the mouth watering rich PaladaPrathaman, ParippuPrathaman, PazhaPrathaman to simple SharkaraPayasam
- Our dinner includes special Kerala healthy nutritious broken unpolished rice porridge Podiyari Kanji with roasted pappad, Payaru, Puzhukku, etc.
South Indian Food at Svaztha Ayurveda Retreat: We, at Vedic Kitchen have specialized in traditional South Indian food of our neighbouring states of Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Andhra. Authentic South Indian food is relished and appreciated by our guests. At Vedic Kitchen we serve
- South Indian Breakfasts such as Idli, Dosa, Uthappam, Upma, Pongal etc. with the time tested combinations of different blends of chutneys and sambars
- Our South Indian lunch and dinner spread is made up of different types of flavoured rice dishes such as Lemon rice, Tamarind rice, Tomato rice, Vangi bath, Bisibelebath, Curd Rice, etc. apart from the rasam and other curries
- Our chefs specialized in vegetarian (Kerala and South Indian), vegan, Jain and Ayurveda cuisine cater to your culinary needs at our hygienically maintained kitchen and restaurant. You may also discuss the food and your food customization with our in house Ayurveda doctors. We serve specially designed authentic Ayurveda vegetarian food adapted to suit the constitution, health condition, age, habits, tastes, and likes of our guests with due consideration to their health.
Jain Food at Svaztha Ayurveda Retreat: Jain food is based on the principle of nonviolence in its miniscule form. The food does not intend to cause any damage to even minute invisible plant and animal life. We at Vedic kitchen do respect these sentiments and hence cook food based on Jain food principles.
Vegan Food at Svaztha Ayurveda Retreat: Vegan food was refrain from consuming dairy, eggs, or any other products of animal origin, in addition to refraining from meat as do vegetarians. We at Vedic Kitchen do respect Vegan Ethics and strong beliefs that consider the right of all creatures to life and freedom. We oblige requests for serving.
We at Vedic Kitchen assure you eat healthy and tasty during your healthy holidays with us